What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy can be defined as the use of physical techniques for the treatment and rehabilitation of injuries and movement disorders.
Physiotherapy is used in the assessment, treatment and prevention of movement disorders in patients as a result of injury, surgery, disability or disease. It assists in the reduction of pain, prevention of injury and maintenance of a healthy neuromusculoskeletal system for the recreational and competitive sports person.
Regular check -ups help to identify areas of muscle and or joint stiffness, soreness or weakness.
AIMS OF PHYSIOTHERAPY:
- to restore joint mobility and function
- to restore soft tissue/ muscle mobilty and function
- rehabilitation for return to normal function/ sport
- enhancement of function
- management and treatment of acute/ chronic pain and/ discomfort
- to improve strength and fitness
- to improve quality of life